Saturday 13 April 2013

Face of East Lancashire... i'm famous (almost)!!

I'm currently the face of the East Lancashire libraries campaign, that by the way is a on going process!

So this time last year i took part in a huge photo shoot with a professional photographer and loads of other people behind the whole thing. This photo shoot was part of a campaign, and so my picture (after being manhandled by a gorgeous man, and put in various positions) was used on the side of buses, billboards, postcards, telephone boxes, posters, placed in various public places, and some in private shops. The aim of the campaign was to promote libraries across Lancashire. Mainly the East! This campaign was shortlisted for two national marketing awards. the ouotcome of the campaign was brilliant and we had more people coming in.

Just some pictures from the campaign..

I got off at the wrong stop, turned around and saw the bus had my face on the side of it! i thought i was seeing things but then a young boy pointed to me and said 'that girl looks like you' then i knew i wasn't the only one seeing my face on the side of a Rossendale bus! 

 This is where the launch of the campaign began, i was driven 5 minutes from my home, on the day of the launch (of this billboard) and they revealed the end 'picture' it was exciting moment, and thanks to my friends for being with me at the launch. 

 After the launch i was then taken back to the main centre  which was of course the library. they then took a few snaps to use on the internet, social networking sites and the newspapers! 

i was at college a few month after the campaign had started and thought 'lets Google myself' and so i did! and i am the first picture on Google  i laughed at my self.. a lot and so did my friends!


yep, they're boobs - and that is in fact my signature ..not on my own boobs of course, cause that would be weird! my friend, Kellie, asked me yo do it and yea. 

cant thank my friends enough for being with me on this crazy journey. Its even weirder when i get noticed on the streets, a councillor recognised me the other day and asked me 'are you that girl from the posters?' i was rather surprised as i thought that they'd have taken my pictures down by now because...well it has been a year and 2 weeks (not counting). i'm still plastered...erm everywhere it seems. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment